Saturday, January 3, 2009

Africa!

I have finally landed in South Africa. Unfortunately there will be no pictures on this update, as I have not had the time to take any, and I am exhausted. But I will write as much as I can about the last couple days, they have been busy.

I spent my last day in Austria hanging out with Conny, and had a wonderful time. Conny again thank you so much for everything, without you I would not have been able to spend time in Europe, I look forward to meeting you down in Botswana, or somewhere else in the world in the not to distant future. I left Vienna at 7:30am on the 31st, and arrived in london at 4pm. After making my way to the hostel (This time it's the pub and hostel used in the Guy Richy films: Lock Stock and two Smoking barrels, and Snatch) Great place to stay. New Years was spent in Trafalgar square watching the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen. Then to bed at about 1am, things are just too expensive to do in London. The next day was spent with an Aussie, an American, and a Swede in the pub of the hostel. Good times.

After Touring the Royal Gallery and the Imperial War Museum, I headed off to Heathrow for my flight to Doha, and Johannesburg. I was flying on Qatar Airlines, which was amazing. Three course meals for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, 150 movies in the entertainment system, and best of all...Free Booze in economy class! A Brief stop in Doha, made my connection, and landed here in Johannesburg at 4 in the afternoon local time (I left london at 8pm the previous day). I tried to check into the hotel at the airport but unfortunately it was over 800CDN a night, one the locals recomended this local Guest House, where I am currently staying is fantastic. Kenny, Rhoda, and Godfrey are amazing hosts, I highly recomend this place to anyone heading to South Africa.

I'm afraid that this is all I have for today, I fly to Maun, Botswana tomorrow morning, and will try to do an Update with photos sometime tomorrow night.

Until Next time,

Eli

1 comment:

  1. Great Pics Eli. I assume that is Conny with you and not some Slovak mama you found along the way. Can't wait to see the whole portfolio! Stay cool.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete