Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Walking in the park





There is a park that is about a 15 minute walk from down town, right across the river. I was walking down a path in the park, looking at some of the picture I had taken (so not paying attention to what was around me), and when I looked up (way way way up) there was a Giraffe about 15ft away from me straddling the trail. I took a couple quick pictures, he stepped off the trail, and I continued on my way.

I've discovered that at the camp I'm staying at they give a 75% discount to pilots, the cost of tenting has now gone down to 15 pula a night, or about $2.25. Also all of the companies here are great, and let me use their internet, power, and most importantly air conditioning. I almost got up in the air today to check out the Okavengo, but unfortunately it did not work out. All the companies have offered to take me up flying whenever they have a free seat.

I've spent the last two days wondering around the streets of Maun, trying to get used to where everything is in the city. I will try to post some photos of the town in my next post. anyways my battery is low so I should end this now while I still can...

Cheers

Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment